Temporary Residence

Each year thousands of foreign workers come to Canada to fulfill the skill shortages in various provinces on a temporary basis. In order to come to Canada on a temporary residence visa you may be required to obtain a visitor visa, a student visa or a work visa.

If you wish to come to Canada on a temporary basis, we can help you with your application if you meet the eligibility requirements.


If you are a student who aspires to acquire international education from Canadian universities, you can fulfill your dreams by pursuing further studies here in Canada with a practical learning experience. Some programs in Canada offer co-op studies where students can attain practical work experience before they complete their program. 

If you are planning to come to Canada as a student, WRSI can provide information about the Canadian Universities and Colleges and assist in the admission procedure. We can represent you in your study permit application in your country and help you obtain the study visa. 

International students may also be eligible to apply for a post graduate work permit, off campus work permit or permanent immigration upon completion of the program if they meet the eligibility requirements.  


If you have obtained an offer of employment from a Canadian employer, you may be eligible to apply for a temporary Work Permit. In order for you to get a temporary work permit, a Labour Market Opinion will be required. The processing time for a LMIA is dependent on the type of employment and the province of employment. Currently the processing times vary from a few weeks up to six months.  

Besides other eligibility criteria that must be met, Labour Market impact assessed applications require the employers to show employment efforts through advertisements in newspapers and websites etc. Once a positive impact assessed is received, you become eligible to apply for a work visa that will allow you to work in Canada for the duration specified on the LMIA.  

We at WRSI can work with you and your employer to obtain a LMIA and represent you in your work permit application in your country of residence. As a temporary worker you may also be allowed to bring your family under the work permit visa. Upon arrival in Canada your spouse may be eligible to apply for a temporary open work permit.  


If you have found a Canadian employer who wishes to employ you as Live in care Giver to take care of their children, or elderly or people with disabilities, you may be eligible to apply for a temporary Work Permit to come to Canada.  

Please complete OUR ONLINE ASSESSMENT FORM or CONTACT US for more information.